Dak'art Biennale 2012By | Wednesday, January 25 2012 at 10:39
This year marks the 10th anniversary of the African Contemporary Art Biennale, DAK’ART.
The event that brings together African artists both in the continent and the rest of the world is scheduled to take place in the Senegalese capital Dakar, between May 11 and June 10, 2012.
This international arts event devoted to African visual Arts gathers around various activities, classical artists, as well as contemporary art professionals. This year, the main event will include:
- The International exhibition of Contemporary African Art.
- The individual exhibitions of African artists and Diaspora artists.
- The Meetings and Exchanges / Films Projections about contemporary art
- Animations in the Village of the Biennale
Artists individually or in organisations or gallery managers, can organise related events in partnership with the General Secretariat of the Biennale. These related events organised within the framework of DAK’ART, by individuals (artists, gallery owners, managers, museums and other institutions) are entirely financially supported by their organiser(s). Depending on the interest of their content, they might be listed in the general program of events published by the General Secretariat of the Biennale.
Dates: May 11 to June 10, 2012.
- Why Obama is visiting Tanzania
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- Somalia lists 1,345 foreigners in Mogadishu
- After Berlin Man, two reported cured of HIV in Kenya
- Botswana bans fruit and vegetable imports
- Kenyan call girls go high-tech
- London terror suspect had been detained in Kenya
- Ethiopia's anti-female cut crusader honoured
- Tough life for Eritreans two decades after independence
Beyond the ballot