Nigeria's ace filmmaker dispels death rumourBy XINHUA | Wednesday, May 9 2012 at 15:36
Ace Nigerian filmmaker and comedian Bolaji Amusan on Tuesday dispelled the rumour of his reported death, describing it as unfortunate and totally untrue.
The international filmmaker, known to his fans as Mr Latin, expressed bitterness against the backdrop of reports on some social media networks on his presumed demise, saying he was surprised at the rumour.
"I am hale and hearty. Please, help tell the whole world that I am very much alive," he told reporters at his base in southwest Nigeria's Ogun State.
"In fact, I had just finished some bottles of beer with my friends when I heard the rumour of my death," he explained.
He said less than 24 hours after the vile rumour broke out, his wife was delivered of a baby girl in Dublin, capital of Ireland on Tuesday.
The false news of the death of the filmmaker who had featured in movies both in England and the U.S., was widely relayed on Monday on some social media on the internet.
- Why Obama is visiting Tanzania
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- Botswana bans fruit and vegetable imports
- Somalia lists 1,345 foreigners in Mogadishu
- Ethiopia's anti-female cut crusader honoured
- After Berlin Man, two reported cured of HIV in Kenya
- Kenyan call girls go high-tech
- Another politician for the Kenya Cabinet
- Tough life for Eritreans two decades after independence
Beyond the ballot