Nigerian Big Brother Africa star Goldie Harvey is dead By LISA KAMAU & FUNKE OSAE-BROWN | Friday, February 15 2013 at 08:16
Nigerian pop star and former Big Brother Africa Housemate Goldie Harvey is dead.
Goldie, born Susan Filani, died Thursday night at Reddington Hospital in Victoria Island, Lagos.
According to the Daily Times newspaper the singer died shortly after arriving in Nigeria from the US where she attended the Grammy awards.
Her record label, Kennies Music released an official statement through her Twitter and Facebook accounts announcing her death.
"It is with heavy heart that I have to inform you all that Goldie passed this night shortly after arriving in Lagos from LA. May her soul rest in the eternal peace of the Lord", the message read.
She reportedly complained of a severe headache and was rushed from her Park View residence in Lagos to hospital where the doctors pronounced her dead on arrival at 7.30 p.m.
Goldie was a housemate on Big Brother Africa Star Game in 2012 where she met Kenyan contestant Prezzo to whom she was rumoured to be engaged and planning to wed later this year.
On Tuesday night, Prezzo was at the recording of a local show--the Churchill Show-- at the Carnivore Simba Saloon in Nairobi, where he talked about his relationship with Goldie.
He said their relationship was at an advanced stage and he was preparing to pay dowry and make wedding arrangements.
The interview will be aired on Sunday evening on local station NTV.
Prezzo left on Thursday for Lagos, Nigeria. According to sources close to Prezzo, he was headed to Nigeria to shoot a reality TV show with Goldie and he was to stay there for a month.
- Kenya picks foreign lawyers in Somalia oil border dispute
- South Sudan U-turn on banning foreign workers
- Oliver Mtukudzi discloses HIV status
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- Ethiopian leather shoes find markets across the world
- ICC scores a first as it sets October date with Uhuru Kenyatta
- Yoweri Museveni sacks Uganda's PM Amama Mbabazi
- Cape Town pro-gay mosque opens in South Africa
- Loans through phones drives Kenyan start up to global market
- Somalia in maritime boundary row with Kenya