Nairobi to host regional oil and gas conferenceBy TREVOR ANALO in Nairobi | Thursday, July 12 2012 at 10:11
Kenya’s Energy minister Mr Kiraitu Murungi launched Wednesday the East Africa Oil and Gas Summit (EAOG) at the Serena Hotel Nairobi.
The minister said: “These are extremely exciting times for the oil and gas sector throughout East Africa, both in terms of realisation of recent discoveries and also the huge potential that the region has to offer.
The EAOG summit will bring together all the leading players involved throughout the region, representing governments and private sector.”
The summit will hold a two-day strategic conference in Nairobi this November to provide a platform for East African decision makes to engage international and local investors to examine the investments opportunities throughout the region.
Oil and gas majors in the region; from Mozambique, Tanzania, Uganda and South Sudan, will be represented in the November conference.
The summit will unite regional and international investors and industry experts to share their knowledge and explore the current challenges and opportunities.
“The East Africa Oil and Gas Summit comes at a perfect time when the world’s eyes are turning towards our region,” said the minister.
- Kenya's President receives TJRC report
- It's a tough life for Sierra Leone's gays
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- Kenyan call girls go high-tech
- US 'committed to partnership with Kenya'
- Four killed at TB Joshua church stampede
- Namibia finds oil for first time
- Botswana party makes U-turn on Malema's visit
- Why Obama is visiting Tanzania
Beyond the ballot