By | Friday, September 10 2010 at 11:05
The ‘Lunatic Express’ was the name given to the railroad from Mombasa to Uganda built by the British in East Africa. It was called thus because of its wild nature. It had shaky looking wooden trestle bridges, enormous chasms, prohibitive costs, men dropping by the hundreds from diseases, and man-eating lions pulling railway workers out of carriages at night
Should Kenya spend $8.2 million to acquire an office for retired President Kibaki?speak out
Read Story: Should Kenya spend $8.2 million to acquire an office for retired President Kibaki?
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- Nigerian deportee demands pay for Kenyan officials' release
- Ethiopia secures $300m Indian rail loan
- 7 Kenyans held in Lagos over deported 'Nigerian'
- Kenyan call girls go high-tech
- Clinton to visit Senegal ahead of Obama
- Nile saga: Ethiopia and Egypt now favour dialogue
- Nairobi in pictures: Past and present
- Hospital quiet on Museveni birth records mystery
Beyond the ballot