By | Friday, September 10 2010 at 17:47
Mali is rapidly being swallowed up by the Sahara desert - about 65% of the country is now desert or semi-desert. Ongoing droughts, overgrazing, topsoil erosion, harsh desert winds, and the scavenging of trees for firewood are all to blame
Should Kenya spend $8.2 million to acquire an office for retired President Kibaki?speak out
Read Story: Should Kenya spend $8.2 million to acquire an office for retired President Kibaki?
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- Nigerian deportee demands pay for Kenyan officials' release
- Ethiopia secures $300m Indian rail loan
- 7 Kenyans held in Lagos over deported 'Nigerian'
- Clinton to visit Senegal ahead of Obama
- Nile saga: Ethiopia and Egypt now favour dialogue
- Kenyan call girls go high-tech
- Nairobi in pictures: Past and present
- Hospital quiet on Museveni birth records mystery
Beyond the ballot