Ransom: to pay or not to pay? By AFRICA REVIEW | Monday, February 11 2013 at 11:40
When nationals are kidnapped by terrorist groups (as was seen recently in Algeria), should the hostage's government pay ransom to secure safety?
Is Namibia's Hifikepunye Pohamba a worthy winner of the 2014 Mo Ibrahim Prize?speak out
Read Story: Is Namibia's Hifikepunye Pohamba a worthy winner of the 2014 Mo Ibrahim Prize?
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- Ethiopia, Rwanda give the lie to electoral democracy hype
- Gambia bans all forms of gambling
- Kenya's super rich billionaire's club
- Oliver Mtukudzi discloses HIV status
- Kagame robbed in Uganda
- Sierra Leone rapper in double trouble
- Tunisian military rescues 86 African migrants at sea
- Kenya looks to Algeria for answers to insecurity
- Mugabe dragged to court by former allies