Ransom: to pay or not to pay? By AFRICA REVIEW | Monday, February 11 2013 at 11:40
When nationals are kidnapped by terrorist groups (as was seen recently in Algeria), should the hostage's government pay ransom to secure safety?
Should African states withdraw from the Rome Statute?speak out
Read Story: Should African states withdraw from the Rome Statute?
- Rights watch criticises Kenya's security law
- South Africa leader on tour of East Africa
- Meet Kenya's richest 25
- Oliver Mtukudzi discloses HIV status
- Kagame warns BBC, tells off donors
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- Nigerian soldiers to die for refusing to fight Boko Haram
- Ethiopia backs Kenya's contested security law
- France surrenders to Senegal Karim Wade's jewels worth $3m
- After hounding Mujuru out of office, is Mugabe preparing Grace to take over?