Ransom: to pay or not to pay? By AFRICA REVIEW | Monday, February 11 2013 at 11:40
When nationals are kidnapped by terrorist groups (as was seen recently in Algeria), should the hostage's government pay ransom to secure safety?
How will you celebrate the 2014 Christmas?speak out
Read Story: How will you celebrate the 2014 Christmas?
- Robert Mugabe to take over the chair of AU
- Zambia's new president undergoes medical check-up
- Meet Kenya's richest 25
- South Sudan leader 'rushed to hospital in Ethiopia'
- Is this the man dating Kenyan movie star?
- Another season of madness in South Africa's Soweto
- Lupita Nyong'o love rumours proof she has made it
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- Obasanjo dumps Nigeria's ruling party
- Omar al-Bashir gets Chinese-built presidential palace