Ransom: to pay or not to pay? By AFRICA REVIEW | Monday, February 11 2013 at 11:40
When nationals are kidnapped by terrorist groups (as was seen recently in Algeria), should the hostage's government pay ransom to secure safety?
Gays: Can Uganda do without western aid?speak out
Read Story: Gays: Can Uganda do without western aid?
- South Africa expels Burundi diplomat
- Libya rebels load oil on to North Korea-flagged tanker
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- Another key Al-Shabaab town falls to Amison
- Kenyan debut novel wins high praise in US
- US-trained Somali commandos raring to go
- Why Africa won't experience an Asia-style 'green revolution' soon
- Oliver Mtukudzi discloses HIV status
- Obama’s pain in dealing with stubborn East Africa
- Libya threatens to bomb North Korea-flagged tanker
South Sudan return to hostilities