Ransom: to pay or not to pay? By AFRICA REVIEW | Monday, February 11 2013 at 11:40
When nationals are kidnapped by terrorist groups (as was seen recently in Algeria), should the hostage's government pay ransom to secure safety?
- Kariba Dam collapse fears and disaster preparedness in Zim
- South Sudan army admits loss of key oil town
- Somalia likely to have large oil deposits - report
- Burundi demands UN apology after 'arms' accusations
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- Oliver Mtukudzi discloses HIV status
- Gunmen shoot Belgian head of Virunga National Park
- South Sudan rebels vow to attack capital
- Government to register all Kenyans afresh
- US halts invite to Sudan official over row with Juba
War on women