Ransom: to pay or not to pay? By AFRICA REVIEW | Monday, February 11 2013 at 11:40
When nationals are kidnapped by terrorist groups (as was seen recently in Algeria), should the hostage's government pay ransom to secure safety?
- Uganda police seize 'explosives from Al-Shabaab cell'
- Oliver Mtukudzi discloses HIV status
- Nigeria's growing number of female oil bosses
- Cuba's Ebola aid latest example of 'medical diplomacy'
- Somalia in maritime boundary row with Kenya
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- Why splintered Al-Shabaab worries security experts
- Botswana ranked best governed country in Africa again
- Steenkamp family protests Pistorius verdict
- UN could attack DRC Hutu rebels ahead of target date