Ransom: to pay or not to pay? By AFRICA REVIEW | Monday, February 11 2013 at 11:40
When nationals are kidnapped by terrorist groups (as was seen recently in Algeria), should the hostage's government pay ransom to secure safety?
- An American indulges daughter with an African 'kingdom'
- DR Congo 'repels' attack on Kinshasa barracks
- Tanzania totally opposed to US spying on leaders
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- Zambia police 'spare' music star Olomide arrest
- World Bank advises Ethiopia to devalue currency
- Oliver Mtukudzi discloses HIV status
- 'Exciting' drug flushes out HIV
- Kinshasa military assault leaves eight dead
- Malema's 'reds' storm Johannesburg legislature