12 perish in Zimbabwe horror road crashBy KITSEPILE NYATHI in Harare | Wednesday, April 11 2012 at 11:28
Twelve Zimbabweans were burnt beyond recognition when a South African bound vehicle they were travelling in collided with a haulage truck on Monday night.
The accident, which pushed the Easter holiday death toll on Zimbabwe’s roads to 49, occurred about 100 kilometres from the Beitbridge border with South Africa.
Police said the vehicles caught fire on impact, killing all the 12 passengers in the Toyota Hilux twin-cab vehicle.
The driver of the truck survived the flames and was hospitalised.
Most of the victims were returning to work in South African after the holidays.
- Kenya's President receives TJRC report
- It's a tough life for Sierra Leone's gays
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- Kenyan call girls go high-tech
- Why Obama is visiting Tanzania
- Four killed at TB Joshua church stampede
- US 'committed to partnership with Kenya'
- Namibia finds oil for first time
- Botswana party makes U-turn on Malema's visit
Beyond the ballot