12 perish in Zimbabwe horror road crashBy KITSEPILE NYATHI in Harare | Wednesday, April 11 2012 at 11:28
Twelve Zimbabweans were burnt beyond recognition when a South African bound vehicle they were travelling in collided with a haulage truck on Monday night.
The accident, which pushed the Easter holiday death toll on Zimbabwe’s roads to 49, occurred about 100 kilometres from the Beitbridge border with South Africa.
Police said the vehicles caught fire on impact, killing all the 12 passengers in the Toyota Hilux twin-cab vehicle.
The driver of the truck survived the flames and was hospitalised.
Most of the victims were returning to work in South African after the holidays.
- Another politician for the Kenya Cabinet
- Why Obama is visiting Tanzania
- Kisumu, where some folks are eating well, while others are going hungry
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- Achebe’s body arrives home
- Kenyan call girls go high-tech
- Eritrea's Afeworki: reviled and revered ex-rebel
- After Berlin Man, two reported cured of HIV in Kenya
- Equatorial Guinea to finance key Liberian projects
Beyond the ballot