African women meet in Lagos to discuss continental developmentBy CITIZEN Reporter | Wednesday, July 11 2012 at 10:35
The second African Women Economic Summit will take place today (Wednesday) in Lagos.
African governments, regulators, research and academic institutions, non-governmental organisation, big business and civil society are expected to discuss topics around the development of women in finance.
The meeting is being co-organised by the African Development Bank in partnership with New Faces New Voices.
Speakers at the conference would include Dr Donald Kaberuka, president of AfDB, and Graca Machel, founder of New Faces New Voices.
The meeting will also focus on understanding the role regulators and business in Africa.
- Why Obama is visiting Tanzania
- Another politician for the Kenya Cabinet
- Kisumu, where some folks are eating well, while others are going hungry
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- Kenyan call girls go high-tech
- Achebe’s body arrives home
- Ethiopia's anti-female cut crusader honoured
- Eritrea's Afeworki: reviled and revered ex-rebel
- After Berlin Man, two reported cured of HIV in Kenya
Beyond the ballot