Aid workers kidnapped from Kenya's Dadaab refugee campBy BBC | Friday, June 29 2012 at 14:47
Four foreign aid workers and one Kenyan national have been kidnapped from a refugee camp in Kenya close to the border with Somalia, police say.
According to the Associated Press news agency, a convoy of aid workers from the Norwegian Refugee Council was ambushed by gunmen in Dadaab camp.
Police sources told AFP agency that a driver was killed in the assault.
Should Kenya spend $8.2 million to acquire an office for retired President Kibaki?speak out
Read Story: Should Kenya spend $8.2 million to acquire an office for retired President Kibaki?
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- Kenyan call girls go high-tech
- Nigerian deportee demands pay for Kenyan officials' release
- Tanzania innovator lands $300,000
- Ethiopia secures $300m Indian rail loan
- 7 Kenyans held in Lagos over deported 'Nigerian'
- Nile saga: Ethiopia and Egypt now favour dialogue
- Clinton to visit Senegal ahead of Obama
- Nairobi in pictures: Past and present
Beyond the ballot