Al-Shabaab 'execute' Kenyan hostage By ABDULKADIR KHALIF in Mogadishu | Friday, February 15 2013 at 10:56
Somalia radical Islamists Al-Shabaab have announced their execution of a Kenyan hostage.
The media in the Somali capital Mogadishu monitoring al-Andalus, the broadcaster run by Al-Shabaab, stated Friday morning that the movement executed one of seven Kenyans said to be held hostage
Kulmiye, an independent broadcaster in Mogadishu, reported that the Kenyan hostage was executed mid-night Thursday.
“We gave negotiation with Kenyan government ample time,” said the Al-Shabaab information outlet.
However, they blamed Nairobi for ignoring to negotiate the release of the hostages.
On January 23, Al-Shabaab released a video titled; The Final Message, on their Twitter account, featuring the hostages.
It gave the Kenyan government until February 14 to oblige.
“The Kenyan government ignored the voice and plea from its citizens,” said the Al-Shabaab announcement via al-Andalus.
“It is obvious that Kenya would pay more attention to tourists than to its citizens,” it added.
The fanatical Islamists stated that the families of the hostages contacted them.
“We told them that the Kenyan government failed to comply with the directives given,” said the Al-Shabaab statement.
The Al-Qaeda-linked Islamists said that they would give the Kenyan government extra 72 hours to comply with the movement’s request to release terror suspects.
Was the Nigeria presidential election free and fair?speak out
Read Story: Was the Nigeria presidential election free and fair?
- Boatload of Yemeni refugees land in Somalia
- Collapse of president's case 'worst moment for victims'
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- Kenya's super rich billionaire's club
- The accidental President
- Obasanjo dumps Nigeria's ruling party
- Nigeria celebrates Buhari election victory
- Israel to force African migrants to '3rd country'
- Oliver Mtukudzi discloses HIV status
- Africa's club of super-rich individuals is growing