Angola parties present candidates' listsBy ARNALDO VIEIRA in Luanda | Wednesday, June 20 2012 at 19:48
The Angolan Constitutional Court has received lists of candidates from 27 political formations for the parliamentary elections scheduled for August 31.
Making the announcement, court boss Onofre dos Santos said the 19 parties and eight coalitions now had 10 days to correct their nomination irregularities or inadequacies.
Mr Santos said the irregularities or inadequacies would include replacement of candidates.
“Political parties and coalitions which did not submit nominations are excluded from this process,” he said.
National Electoral Commission member Agostinho Lima said the campaigns and election observation would begin at the same time.
“National electoral commission and state agencies have to make facilities accessible for home and overseas monitors so that polls observation takes place smoothly,” he said.
The commission directed all individuals and organisations interested in monitoring the elections to submit their applications.
- It's a tough life for Sierra Leone's gays
- Four killed at TB Joshua church stampede
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- Kenya's President receives TJRC report
- Kenyan call girls go high-tech
- Iranians to pay $1m for illegal fishing in Somalia
- Botswana party makes U-turn on Malema's visit
- Big Brother Africa star arrested on fraud charges
- Namibia finds oil for first time
Beyond the ballot