Anxiety as Ethiopia PM disappears from public limelightBy ARGAW ASHINE | Monday, July 16 2012 at 12:38
The uncharacteristic absence of Ethiopian Prime Minister Meles Zenawi from the public limelight is causing anxiety in the country.
According to reliable government sources, the Prime Minister was unwell and was undergoing treatment abroad.
Mr Meles did not attend the 19th African Union Summit in Addis Ababa last week for the first time since 1991.
Should Kenya spend $8.2 million to acquire an office for retired President Kibaki?speak out
Read Story: Should Kenya spend $8.2 million to acquire an office for retired President Kibaki?
- Kenyan call girls go high-tech
- Former Senegal First Lady on emotional visit to jailed son
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- Kenya kicks out Nigerians and all hell breaks loose
- Tanzania innovator lands $300,000
- Kikwete's big spat with Rwanda
- Nigerian deportee demands pay for Kenyan officials' release
- Tanzania voted Africa’s best safari country
- Deportation saga Kenya officer 'had Nigeria travel papers'
Beyond the ballot