Britain halts aid to Rwanda over 'role' in DRC crisis By BBC | Friday, November 30 2012 at 13:51
Britain has suspended aid to Rwanda amid concerns about the Kigali’s role in the conflict in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Ministers said the UK would not now release a payment worth £21m.
An aid payment of £16m was paid to Rwanda in September despite question marks over its alleged support for the M23 militia in DR Congo.
The government also said it would give a further £18m for immediate humanitarian needs in the DR Congo.
Do you believe there is a plot to kill Robert Mugabe?speak out
Read Story: Do you believe there is a plot to kill Robert Mugabe?
- Suspected Al-Shabaab terrorists kill 28 in Kenyan bus
- East African Standby Force ready for peacekeeping
- Meet Kenya's richest 25
- Oliver Mtukudzi discloses HIV status
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- Nigerian soldiers flee Boko Haram 'disguised as traders'
- Sata's party fears electoral defeat amid internal rifts
- Former BBA stars mull marriage
- Paul Biya - Cameroon's absentee president
- New Burkinabe leader promises to verify Sankara's burial place