Burundi arrests three over albino killingBy XINHUA | Thursday, June 7 2012 at 12:22
Burundi police on Tuesday arrested three persons accused of involvement in the killing of a 15-year-old albino girl on May 6 at Kabezi, some 20 km south of the Burundian capital Bujumbura, the national police spokesman told Xinhua on Wednesday.
"Thanks to the good collaboration with the population, police arrested the three suspects yesterday (Tuesday) at Ruziba in Kabezi's neighbouring commune of Kanyosha," said police spokesman Elie Bizindavyi.
According to Bizindavyi, taking the three suspects to police custody "was not easy" because furious residents at Ruziba wanted to kill them. "The police managed however managed to put them in custody," said the police spokesman, who praised "justice officials and police agents [who] did a great job."
The Burundi-based Association of Albinos Without Frontiers (ASF) said that the murdered albino girl was the 18th albino killed since the hunt against albinos a couple of years ago. Body parts of albinos are reportedly used for witchcraft purposes. (Xinhua)
Should Kenya spend $8.2 million to acquire an office for retired President Kibaki?speak out
Read Story: Should Kenya spend $8.2 million to acquire an office for retired President Kibaki?
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- Nigerian deportee demands pay for Kenyan officials' release
- Ethiopia secures $300m Indian rail loan
- 7 Kenyans held in Lagos over deported 'Nigerian'
- Kenyan call girls go high-tech
- Nairobi in pictures: Past and present
- Madagascar confirms poll postponement
- Hospital quiet on Museveni birth records mystery
- Tanzania innovator lands $300,000
Beyond the ballot