Five injured in Nairobi estate blastBy AFRICAREVIEW.COM | Wednesday, December 5 2012 at 20:22
At least five people were reported injured when an explosion rocked Eastleigh estate in Kenya's capital Nairobi, Wednesday evening.
The blast, police and witnesses said, went off on a road side near a supermarket, inuring mostly pedestrians.
Confirming the incident, Nairobi Area police chief Moses Ombati said the victims of the 7pm (+3GMT) explosion were taken to hospital.
Another explosion rocked the estate on November 16, 2012.
- Zimbabwe lecturer jailed for Mugabe 'donkey' slur
- Four Nigerians among 5 shortlisted for African writing prize
- AU won’t recognise Madagascar poll win by Rajoelina
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- Liberia media to maintain 'blackout' on president
- Is aid to South Africa drying up?
- Kenyan call girls go high-tech
- Somaliland marks unrecognised independence
- Somali PM disowns Jubaland 'presidents'
Beyond the ballot