Four feared dead in fresh Sudan attackBy MACHEL AMOS in Juba | Wednesday, June 20 2012 at 20:08
At least four are feared killed following an attack by the Sudan Armed Forces (SAF) in a disputed border zone inside South Sudan, an official said Wednesday.
The Commissioner of Manyo County in South Sudan’s Upper Nile State, Mr Al-Taieb Okeij Ajang, said Sudanese troops attacked Kaka Al-Tijaria, one of the six disputed border zones on Tuesday.
He said South Sudan forces repulsed the attackers.
SAF could not reached for comment.
Should Kenya spend $8.2 million to acquire an office for retired President Kibaki?speak out
Read Story: Should Kenya spend $8.2 million to acquire an office for retired President Kibaki?
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- Nigerian deportee demands pay for Kenyan officials' release
- Ethiopia secures $300m Indian rail loan
- 7 Kenyans held in Lagos over deported 'Nigerian'
- Kenyan call girls go high-tech
- Nairobi in pictures: Past and present
- Bill Clinton to visit Senegal ahead of Obama
- Nile saga: Ethiopia and Egypt now favour dialogue
- Hospital quiet on Museveni birth records mystery
Beyond the ballot