Gunmen kill Egypt Central Bank chief’s bodyguard By AFP | Wednesday, February 13 2013 at 16:44
Three masked gunmen on Wednesday stole the car of Central Bank Governor Hisham Ramez in Cairo after killing his bodyguard, the official Mena news agency reported.
Mr Ramez’s bodyguard and the driver were on their way to take him from home to work when attackers chased them and opened fire on the governor’s car.
The bodyguard was killed in a shootout with the assailants who forced the driver to stop before seizing the car and fleeing the scene, Mena said.
Egypt has been hit by a wave of crime and insecurity, including armed robbery, since the ouster of President Hosni Mubarak two years ago.
On Tuesday, dozens of masked men carrying wooden sticks and knives smashed the glass front of a luxury hotel in Cairo before fleeing, according to security official said.
Do you believe there is a plot to kill Robert Mugabe?speak out
Read Story: Do you believe there is a plot to kill Robert Mugabe?
- Suspected Al-Shabaab terrorists kill 28 in Kenyan bus
- Meet Kenya's richest 25
- Former BBA stars mull marriage
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- Oliver Mtukudzi discloses HIV status
- Kenyan official says Al-Shabab 'wants religious war'
- Somali MPs demand Kenyan military withdrawal
- Nigerian Big Brother Africa star Goldie Harvey is dead
- Paul Biya - Cameroon's absentee president
- Al-Shabaab celebrations after massacre in north-east Kenya