Kenya Cabinet, MPs meet in aftermath of chopper tragedyBy DAILY NATION Reporter | Monday, June 11 2012 at 14:39
President Kibaki is scheduled to chair a joint meeting between Cabinet Ministers and Legislators on Monday morning to mull over the death of Internal Security Minister George Saitoti and his assistant Orwa Ojode who died in a tragic helicopter crash on Sunday morning.
The special Cabinet meeting will be held as Kenyans began three days of national mourning.
The ministers died alongside two pilots and two bodyguards on Sunday morning a helicopter crash in Ngong forest located in the outskirts of the capital, minutes after they had taken off from Wilson Airport in a new police helicopter.
They were heading for a fundraiser in Mr Ojodeh’s Ndiwa constituency.
The cause of the crash was yet to be established with eyewitnesses accounts giving graphic details of the last moments of the tragic flight.
- Why Obama is visiting Tanzania
- Somalia lists 1,345 foreigners in Mogadishu
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- After Berlin Man, two reported cured of HIV in Kenya
- Botswana bans fruit and vegetable imports
- Kenyan call girls go high-tech
- Ethiopia's anti-female cut crusader honoured
- Another politician for the Kenya Cabinet
- Tough life for Eritreans two decades after independence
Beyond the ballot