Lake Victoria boating accident kills nine By ANDREW BAGALA | Wednesday, July 24 2013 at 19:37
Nine Ugandans have died in a boat accident on Lake Victoria, the Nile River's main reservoir.
According to police spokesperson Judith Nabakooba, the 16 passengers on board were travelling from Kabenyanje Landing Site to Kigungu Landing Site on Tuesday night.
The boat capsized near Bussi Landing Site.
Out of the 16 passengers who were on board, according to police, only one was wearing a life jacket.
- 12 Nigerian soldiers sentenced to death for mutiny
- 'Worst shipwreck in years' leaves 500 boat migrants feared dead
- Guinea-Bissau coup-maker sacked as army chief
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- Oliver Mtukudzi discloses HIV status
- South Sudan bans all foreign workers, including aid staff
- Former CNN anchor to open media offices in South Africa and Nigeria
- Botswana ranked best governed country in Africa again
- Uganda police seize 'explosives from Al-Shabaab cell'
- Nigeria's growing number of female oil bosses