Madagascar names envoy to SwitzerlandBy RIVONALA RAZAFISON in Anatananarivo | Friday, June 29 2012 at 19:59
Madagascar President Andry Rajoelina has appointed former Prime Minister Gal Albert Camille Vital as the country’s ambassador to Switzerland.
General Vital will also be the country’s representative at the UN Bureau in Geneva instead of Mr Guy Rajemison Rakotomaharo, who was sacked in February after he declared his intentions to run for presidency.
Acting Premier Jean Omer Beriziky Thursday travelled to the Belgian capital Brussels for talks with the European officials.
A government statement said he was scheduled to meet with, among others EU Commissioner Andris Piebalgs.
Mr Beriziky, who is Madagascar’s former envoy to Brussels, is to provide information about the political and economic situation on the island nation.
The Paris-based journal La Lettre de l’OcéanIndien reported that Mr Beriziky would convey three main messages to Mr Piebalgs during the meeting planned for July 2.
Should Kenya spend $8.2 million to acquire an office for retired President Kibaki?speak out
Read Story: Should Kenya spend $8.2 million to acquire an office for retired President Kibaki?
- Kenyan call girls go high-tech
- Former Senegal First Lady on emotional visit to jailed son
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- Tanzania innovator lands $300,000
- Kenya kicks out Nigerians and all hell breaks loose
- Kikwete's big spat with Rwanda
- Nigerian deportee demands pay for Kenyan officials' release
- Tanzania voted Africa’s best safari country
- Nile saga: Ethiopia and Egypt now favour dialogue
Beyond the ballot