Uganda's Museveni transfers top army officersBy DAILY MONITOR | Monday, December 3 2012 at 12:08
Uganda's President Yoweri Museveni has promoted and transferred senior army officers including his chief body guard Col Wilson Mbadi in the latest changes announced on Sunday night.
The army has confirmed that Col Mbadi, who has been the President’s chief bodyguard for four years, has been promoted to brigadier and is now the Fourth Division commander.
Col Muhanga Kayanja, who recently returned from Somalia, is the new commander of military police, while Brig Paul Lokech, the former commander of the Ugandan contingent in Mogadishu, has been sent to Russia as a military adviser.
Col Peter Elwelu is now the Third Division Commander.
He replaces Brig Burundi Nyamunywanisa, who has been sent to Washington as a military adviser.
- Uganda varsity sorry for sex video
- Kenyan farmer reaps from quail eggs venture
- Of cheating first ladies and the ''royal kraal''
- Harare furious at 'emulate Mandela' calls
- Why is she Mrs Graca Machel and not Mrs Graca Mandela?
- Zambia angered by Mandela fete 'snub'
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- Mandela's body to lie in state at Union Buildings
- Mandela memorial sign language interpreter a 'fraud'
- Oliver Mtukudzi discloses HIV status