One killed in Sudan port blastBy REEM ABBAS in Khartoum | Tuesday, May 22 2012 at 14:15
At least one person was reported killed after bomb exploded in a vehicle Tuesday at Port Sudan city in the east.
Eye witnesses said the vehicle had been spotted being driven around the city earlier.
A source in East Sudan said the dead man was an Al-Ababda community leader.
The Al-Abadba live near the border with Egypt, a region where arms smuggling to the northern Africa state and Hamas-controlled, Gaza in Palestine, was common.
In April 2011, two unknown civilians were killed in air strikes in East Sudan.
There was no official comment on their deaths. However, an Israeli newspaper, Haaretz, reported on April 6, 2011 that those killed wee "Hamas arms traffickers".
- It's a tough life for Sierra Leone's gays
- Four killed at TB Joshua church stampede
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- Kenyan call girls go high-tech
- Kenya's President receives TJRC report
- Iranians to pay $1m for illegal fishing in Somalia
- Botswana party makes U-turn on Malema's visit
- Big Brother Africa star arrested on fraud charges
- Uganda's 'Daily Monitor' and sister radio stations shut
Beyond the ballot