Tunisian dies after a bet drives him to eat 28 raw eggs By AFP | Wednesday, January 2 2013 at 08:04
A young Tunisian died after winning a bet to eat 28 raw eggs in one sitting, Shems FM radio reported on Wednesday.
Dhaou Fatnassi, 20, from the central town of Kairouan, swallowed the eggs after his friends challenged him to do so for an undisclosed sum of money.
The young man then experienced stomach pains and was taken to hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival.
- Kenya picks foreign lawyers in Somalia oil border dispute
- South Sudan U-turn on banning foreign workers
- Oliver Mtukudzi discloses HIV status
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- Ethiopian leather shoes find markets across the world
- ICC scores a first as it sets October date with Uhuru Kenyatta
- Yoweri Museveni sacks Uganda's PM Amama Mbabazi
- Cape Town pro-gay mosque opens in South Africa
- Loans through phones drives Kenyan start up to global market
- Somalia in maritime boundary row with Kenya