Tunisian dies after a bet drives him to eat 28 raw eggs By AFP | Wednesday, January 2 2013 at 08:04
A young Tunisian died after winning a bet to eat 28 raw eggs in one sitting, Shems FM radio reported on Wednesday.
Dhaou Fatnassi, 20, from the central town of Kairouan, swallowed the eggs after his friends challenged him to do so for an undisclosed sum of money.
The young man then experienced stomach pains and was taken to hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival.
- Obama’s pain in dealing with stubborn East Africa
- 42 African migrants drown off Yemen coast
- How fat pay pushed Kenya economy to the brink
- South Sudan takes UN to task over weapons
- Making sense of Ethiopia's building boom
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- Janjaweed 'leader' declares war on Khartoum
- Khartoum scrambles troops to troubled Darfur
- Oil-rich Angola seeks ‘Dutch disease’ cure
- DR Congo dandies give new meaning to the phrase 'fashion victim'
South Sudan return to hostilities