Tunisian dies after a bet drives him to eat 28 raw eggs By AFP | Wednesday, January 2 2013 at 08:04
A young Tunisian died after winning a bet to eat 28 raw eggs in one sitting, Shems FM radio reported on Wednesday.
Dhaou Fatnassi, 20, from the central town of Kairouan, swallowed the eggs after his friends challenged him to do so for an undisclosed sum of money.
The young man then experienced stomach pains and was taken to hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival.
- Kenya picks foreign lawyers in Somalia oil border dispute
- Oliver Mtukudzi discloses HIV status
- Nigerian Big Brother Africa star Goldie Harvey is dead
- Ethiopian leather shoes find markets across the world
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- Somalia in maritime boundary row with Kenya
- South Sudan U-turn on banning foreign workers
- ICC scores a first as it sets October date with Uhuru Kenyatta
- Cape Town pro-gay mosque opens in South Africa
- Four killed in bomb blast near Egypt's foreign ministry