73 in Egypt's provisional Olympics squadBy BBC | Thursday, April 12 2012 at 18:14
Egypt's Under-23 coach Hany Ramzy has named 73 players in his provisional list for the men's Olympic football tournament.
In order to assess all the players, he has 14 friendly games lined up between April and 15 and July 19.
The list includes several senior players like Ahmed Hassan, Mohamed Aboutrika and Essam El Hadary.
Ramzy will be allowed to add three players over 23 years old to his squad for the Olympics.
Currently, 27 of the players are in Costa Rica at a training camp where they have friendlies against their hosts and Uruguay lined up.
They are also hoping to confirm further games with Panama and Honduras.
Following that, they have a friendly scheduled for May 19 against an as yet unknown opponent.
The squad will then take part in a tournament in the French city of Toulouse at the end of May and another event in Saudi Arabia in June.
There are further games against Italy, Brazil and Switzerland planned for July.
Egypt qualified for their first Olympics since the 1992 Games in Barcelona by finishing third at the African Under-23 Championships in Morocco last year.
Should Kenya spend $8.2 million to acquire an office for retired President Kibaki?speak out
Read Story: Should Kenya spend $8.2 million to acquire an office for retired President Kibaki?
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- Nigerian deportee demands pay for Kenyan officials' release
- Ethiopia secures $300m Indian rail loan
- 7 Kenyans held in Lagos over deported 'Nigerian'
- Kenyan call girls go high-tech
- Nairobi in pictures: Past and present
- Madagascar confirms poll postponement
- Hospital quiet on Museveni birth records mystery
- Tanzania innovator lands $300,000
Beyond the ballot