England Counties name squad for EA tourBy ISMAIL DHAKABA KIGONGO and Agencies | Wednesday, May 23 2012 at 10:55
The England Counties have named their 26-man squad for next month’s three-match tour to Uganda and Kenya.
Eleven counties and 15 clubs are represented in the squad which contains 12 debutants with the first game set June 9.
The final team of Uganda and Kenyan players, under the Elgon Warriors’ tag, will be named after a trial game on June 2 in Nairobi.
Rob Baldwin will captain the tour party, having led the side to a 34-16 victory over the counties’ Irish counterparts in March.
Nine other players featured in the spring international, whilst Jim Wigglesworth steps up after impressing for the England Counties U-20s earlier this month.
The England Counties squad is the representative flagship of the county and community game and since being founded in 2002 has visited North and South America, Europe and the Far East.
- Why Obama is visiting Tanzania
- Another politician for the Kenya Cabinet
- Kisumu, where some folks are eating well, while others are going hungry
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- Kenyan call girls go high-tech
- Achebe’s body arrives home
- Eritrea's Afeworki: reviled and revered ex-rebel
- Ethiopia's anti-female cut crusader honoured
- After Berlin Man, two reported cured of HIV in Kenya
Beyond the ballot