South Sudan and Burundi sides due in Dar for Cecafa Kagame CupBy THE CITIZEN | Wednesday, July 11 2012 at 14:01
El Salam Wau of South Sudan and Burundi’s Atletico were expected to arrive in Tanzania Wednesday ahead of this year’s Cecafa Kagame Cup.
Tanzania Football Federation (TFF) information officer Boniface Wambura said on Tuesday that the championship was expected to kickoff on Saturday at the National Stadium.
According to Wambura, El Salaam’s squad comprised 18 players, which included skipper Khamis Leone Wani, Adheil Bugwic, Edward Julio, Fidel Fas, Ismael Musa Ismael, James Anei Matheli, Jervas Ayo Abdalla, Khamis Doshama and Meki Sultan Berema.
Others are Moga Androga, Mubarak Omer, Ndili Hozi, Nizir Talib, Oliver Akok, Rabie Abubakar, Rufino Uras Ambros, Santino Upio and Thomas Diakon.
Wambura said the Burundian Atletico would arrive Wednesday afternoon by road from Bujumbura.
Four teams will represent Tanzania in the tournament.
The are title-holders Young Africans, Mainland champions Simba, Azam FC and Mafunzo of Zanzibar.
- Four killed at TB Joshua church stampede
- It's a tough life for Sierra Leone's gays
- Kenyan call girls go high-tech
- Big Brother Africa star arrested on fraud charges
- The girl who met Gaddafi 'in hell'
- Succession: Suddenly, Uganda is up for grabs
- Botswana party makes U-turn on Malema's visit
- Uganda's 'Daily Monitor' and sister radio stations shut
- Iranians to pay $1m for illegal fishing in Somalia
Beyond the ballot